Monday, April 9, 2012

Final Paper: Planning

After receiving a number of possible topics for the final paper, I found myself very interested in music analysis. As a musician myself, I am forced to over-analyze musical concepts left and right. This not only applies to the music itself, but also to the massive amount of important details the average person may tend to overlook. I'm fascinated by everything from song structures and arrangements, to artwork and imagery. I think that a music analysis would be a very accessible topic for the paper because it offers plenty of room for applying a lot of the rhetorical concepts we've learned so far, pathos, kairos, and delivery to name a few. Ultimately, I'd like to base my paper on one entire genre. There really is so much to say, and while I've enjoyed my time at school, I've rarely been given a chance to write about something I have passion for. Choosing a topic with such enthusiasm would undoubtedly allow me to create a stronger paper.

No comments: